one of the gifts from my daughter was some of my favorite things combined...angels, ornaments, and best of all, my grandkids. check out this challenge here. :)
Monday, December 29, 2008
even from parts of southern colorado. it's never to late to play along...go find something that starts with 's', take a picture and head over to martha's place and leave a link!
i hope everyone had a blessed Christmas...and i wish all of you a Happy New Year!!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
this weeks Bloggers Community Photo Challenge is ornaments...post a favorite ornament or any ornament.
i love Christmas. it is my favorite time of the year. it represents love, family, togetherness and most of all the celebration of my dear Savior's birth. because of this many of my ornaments are nativity scenes or angels and here are a few i would like to share.
a child is born...
this one is special to me because it is a gift i gave hubby on the anniversary of our 1st date 6 years ago.
and these last two came from my mom. they hung on our tree for as long as i could remember. as a child i was fascinated with them because they were filled with 'angel's hair'. after i married i asked for a couple of them because the memory was so special.
Friday, December 12, 2008
a red headed woodpecker taken in our local state park
a regatta on wheeler lake early november this year
it's never to late to join in the a to z photo challenge...just click link above!
also...koda, a beautiful spoiled lil corgi is sponsoring a Christmas giveaway...click on over and check out the details! :)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
meet quincy...here he is at nearly 8 weeks and 2 1/2 lbs when i brought him home.
he is very much our child...have to watch him all the time, he doesn't mind and constantly getting into something he's not suppose to. lol
quincy is very food motivated...here hubby is teasing him, getting him to stand up and walk. he does this a lot if food is involved. i have yet to figure out how to get him to do this on command.
quincy is now 9 1/2 months old and weighs about 15 pounds....my lil fur baby. :) i love the way he cocks his head to the side when we talk to him.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
a big surpise as i do not consider myself a writer, and actually, if you follow my journal at all, you know i'm not very loquacious...but maybe a picture IS worth a thousand words?? :)
so...about the award...
This is an award for those that write about real things, not necessarily on every entry, but those who share information about themselves or where they live, what is happening in their area or in the world. What a wonderful way to give some recognition and appreciation to those who write and share a bit of their lives with us. This award is for sharing so be sure to pass it on to other people.
Here are the rules:
1. Please put the logo on your journal - Real Blogs/Real People.
2. Place a link from the person, from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate as many as you want (2-10, with 7 being ideal).
4. Put the links of those on your journal.
5. Leave a comment on their journal to let them know.
6. Put the award on your sidebar, if you want.
and i would like to give this award to:
If My People
kbear's heart 2
Monica's Mindless Mumblings
sheria of theexaminedlife honored me with the creative spirit award. while i love taking pix and sharing them here, i am amazed that others seemingly enjoy them too...so thanks! :)
1. Choose 5 blogs you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community, regardless of the language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented him/her with the award.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the award should show the Arte y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. Translated, it means "the peak of art." (Actually, that's a pretty loose translation but close enough.)
5. Show these rules.
there are so many wonderful photography blogs out there that i've really enjoyed, but here are a few of my faves....
The Rocky Mountain Retreat
Julies Photo Journey
from martha comes the keepin' close award...translated means blogging brings and keeps us close...or something like that. :) and we do develop friendships and a closeness here that i find special and pretty cool.
i would like to share this one with:
linda of My Thotful Spot
linda of Finding Footprints in the Sand
helen of myeverydaylife
betty of a corgi in southern california
Dorothy of Counting My Blessings tagged me to tell 6 more things about me...i really had to do some thinking here after listing 6 things here , but here goes....
1) i'm a christian, conservative southern gal through and through.
2) evidently i have a real southern accent (can't understand that as i live in NORTH alabama!)...when visiting other states, all i have to do is speak and more than once, someone pipes up with 'you aren't from around here!!'
3) i love photography (you didn't know that, now did you??) and have since i was a kid, but due to the cost of film and developing (especially as a young family with little extra monies) it wasn't until i got my 1st digital camera a few years ago that my passion exploded. i will take hundreds of pix within a day when visiting new places.
4) i was married for 20 years the first go round...have 2 beautiful children, (and now 3 grandchildren). we moved 14 times in those years, all but 2 moves were in the state of alabama. did live one year in central florida, and one year in sw kansas. no...he wasn't in the military...he just liked change.
5) i was born in cleveland, ohio, we moved to chicago, illinois, and then to springfield. missouri, before making it back south were my folks are from. so with the 2 moves to kansas and florida, i've lived in 6 states in my 50 years.
6) if i ever win a lot of money, after helping my children and giving to missions, i would travel, travel, travel! so much to see and experience yet!
now...if you haven't done this yet and would like to share a bit about yourself, jump right in and link back to let me know! :)