Saturday, March 5, 2011

bloggers community photo challenge - storms

the communityphotochallenge is storms...."We are looking for Storms which includes stormy skies, snow storms, ice storms, lightening storms....also, the after effects of a storm."


this first photo was taken at the alpine visitor center in the rocky mountains, seconds before the rain reached me.  the last 2 were taken just after a rain storm when the sky is often very pretty and dramatic.


rocky mountains

smoky mountains

lake guntersville, alabama

you can participate and check out other entries by clicking the link above.

5 comments:

MariesImages said...

Your images are outstanding...each one has something that just stands out. Can't pick a favorite...love them each for different reasons.
The heavens seem to be shining down on you...;))

betty said...

all great Gina; my favorite is the storm over the Rockies. When we visited Colorado a few years back, we saw the bestest of storms there!

always wonderful to see your pictures!

betty

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I'm so jealous! I want to see the Rockies...I'm a mountain girl, you know.

Great shots of...as you said, dramatic skies. I think you should blog more! Join my photo challenge! Your photos are SO good.

Anonymous said...

Oh, could I please have those smoky mountains? (kidding, but only mildly)

Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures Gina ~ each of them! I would love to see these places in person.
Lisa